Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Safety shoes for work!

johan12 · 2017-04-26 06:05

Hi all, My brother has got a job in a construction company. He is joining in the coming month. I’m so happy for him, as it was his aim to get a job in a construction company. He had been struggling since 1 year for the job. For the construction job, they need safety shoes. And I’m thinking of buying him one before he joins the job. I’m in search for good safety shoes online . Since It is the first time, I’m buying these stuff for the first time. Would like to know, different sorts of shoes? How much it costs?

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-04-26 06:21

    Shoes/work boots are a matter of personal style/safety and comfort.. Its nice you want to help but its better to buy 2 instead of one.. Lol You/he should swing by the jobsite and ask the others on the crew what THEY like..

  2. #2kshansen2017-04-26 08:06

    Yes and the conditions seen at the job sites makes a big difference. What works for a job working on the tenth floor of a building might not be good if he is going to be installing drainage tile for the footings.

  3. #3fast_st2017-04-26 09:53

    Personal preference, red wings and buy the liquid urethane toe cap kit to protect the leather.

  4. #492U 34062017-04-26 14:22

    I would find out if there are any requirements before buying. In my case mine need to be CSA approved, 6" tall ankle (minimum height) and slip resistant vibram soles.

  5. #5digger242j2017-04-26 21:28

    Yeah, right. And back in February, you got a job in construction with somebody who wouldn't provide you with the required shirt, so you posted a link to the same site.

  6. #6Junkyard2017-04-28 23:03

    Sick em digger!