Well, I got my new to me grapple bucket and discovered that my Case has narrow (about 21” center) catch pins vs “regular” Bobtach which is like 33”. My regular bucket has both wide and narrow holes on the plate, but the grapple only has the wide holes (see photo). Searching around the net, I located small tabs that can be welded on to provide the dual holes. However, I’d assume the existing angled part would need to be cut off and this new part welded in place of it. It seems to me that the easiest fix would be if someone made weld on plates about 6” wide with the bend and hole cut, similar to the last photo, but without the side plates. These could just be welded to the back of the bucket inside the existing plates. Does anyone know of such a part, or is there another way? Thanks!
OK, don’t everyone reply at once! LOL Here’s what I ended up doing. I was able to use the material bucket that I got with the loader for measurements and a bit of a pattern. I went through my steel rack and found a suitable piece of 3/8 plate that I cut to size and notched for the pins. I clamped these in place and welded them to the existing plate and to the back of the bucket top and bottom. I had previously trimmed the angle off of the underside brace and cut out matching brace pieces that were welded to the existing brace as well as the bottom edge of the bucket and to the trailing edge on the latch plate. Finally, I found two strips to weld to the back of the bucket so the inside contact blocks on the quick attach have something to rest against. Finally a quick coat of rustoleum to cover the bare metal.