Does anyone know who makes JD Worksite Pro augers, or does JD make them? Their advertisements claim they are optimized for JD skid steers, but compatible with all brands. I have looked at most of the big name auger manufacturers...Danuser, Belltec, McMillen, and the JD has more torque. I have a chance to purchase a new one that was bought and never used. Great price on it! It is the worksite Pro pa30b Anyone have any experience with this auger?
I would bet that Deere doesn't make the auger themselves, if I was to guess it is built by Alitec. "Optimized for JD skid steers" I am not sure what that could mean. It is a hydraulic orbital motor that isn't made for a specific model so its not like it is matched for a certain flow or psi like say a mulcher that is optimized for a certain machine model. I would not put anything into it being optimized. I have a Lowe post auger 1650E. I have had since I first started 26 years ago. It has drilled a countless number of holes in high desert conditions. I have replaced a couple hoses over the years. The frame has had some cracks wielded, but given how its been used, that auger has been excellent.
I agree with KSSS. Augers are pretty simple implements. Mine is an off-brand auger, but made in USA. My experience is pretty much it will drill the hole with no problem or it won't. If you hit solid rock, even with a rock bit, there is just not enough weight on a skid steer to push through. I am sure the Bobcat/Cat/JD/Kubota augers are better built, but I have drilled hundreds with mine with no problems.