Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best Xmas Present Ever

dozeron ยท 2013-12-28 17:35

Hi all and best of the festive season. Got the best ever Xmas present from my wife, a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle of a Euclid 16TDT scraper photo I took many years back in New Zealand. It had the name Brutus on the bonnet and the image may have been posted on this board previous. She made contact with a semi professional photographer while we were on the road and he did it for her. Got two puzzles as he wasn't too happy with the colour of the first one. Seems fine to me. Many hours of pleasure. Anyway have a good one folks. All the best, dozeron.

Replies13
  1. #1Andrew_D2013-12-28 20:07

    Where's the photo of it put together? Andrew

  2. #2ValleyFirewood2013-12-28 22:30

    I've got to ask, what part on a scraper is a bonnet?

  3. #3390eric2013-12-28 23:10

    A bonnet is a hood I do believe

  4. #4dozeron2013-12-29 01:37

    Hi Andrew, I'm not sure how many posts I have before I'm allowed to post images. I guess someone will inform me Best regards, Dozeron.

  5. #5dozeron2013-12-29 01:41

    Hi ValleyFirewood, Over here we call the engine cover a bonnet. This scraper is an early three axle machine hence the longer than normal engine metal work. This old girl had done quite a bit of work round the area where I lived back in New Zealand. Best regards, dozeron.

  6. #6Ronsii2013-12-29 01:43

    Hi Dozeron, and welcome to the forum I forget the posts before pics/links..~25...??.. but if you're in a hurry post the pic to a pic hosting site... like imgur.com then put the url here(leave off the dot com) and I am sure some will fix it and repost it as I would love to see it also.

  7. #7Buckethead2013-12-29 12:51

    Sounds like you have a nice wife! Most women would just buy you a tie or something.

  8. #8D6 Merv2013-12-30 00:49

    "Brutus" yeah shes abit of a legend alright,baldy Margan of nz roadmakers and then Ian Martin owned her for many many moons in my part of nz, 99% sure he named her that because when she was working on the kopu mill site she was being pushloaded by one of martys old 2Us and somehow the push cup got hooked behind the push block on the euc and when she came out of the cut she dragged the helpless D8 and gave her and her captain the ride of there lives Marty sold her to Doug Gerrand from te puke and afaik he still has her. Wabcoman on here knows all about her. Had some pics on my old computer but gone now cheers merv,

  9. #9dozeron2013-12-30 01:13

    Hi Merv, Are you the guy that bought a CT scoop off Doug to go behind your dozer? Brutus had under gone a repaint and tidy up when I last saw it in the mid 90's prior to moving to Aussie. Looked pretty smart. Other present from the wife, (Boss), is a glossy photo book on Rugby Union also a passion of mine. Can remember taking Wabcoman, Richard, out to see Porters gear in action at Rotowaro. They had just scrapped a 16TDT and he got the identification plate off the bowl. Best regards, dozeron.

  10. #10D6 Merv2013-12-30 01:48

    No I never got a scraper off doug; knew who he was, but I have only meet him once. Brutus was still in his yard 3 yrs ago, be last time I went down te puke. Remember porters working at maori farm, rotowaro in early 80s, hell they had some rough gear !! Richard would have been with goughs then; that's where I first met him. He did a real good article about Brutus for her 60th birthday party in a construction magazine a few years ago. NZ was about the only other country outside of the US where 16TDTs came I think

  11. #11terexkerry2013-12-31 00:10

    Brutus is now with Paul Clarke in the south Island,Kerry

  12. #12dozeron2013-12-31 00:23

    Hi all, First of all a great new year for all. Never thought my thread would have caused so much interest. Lots of local emails etc. Tried to post on imgur.com too much bl***y grief. For those who would like to see the image the only thing I can think of is to email me and I can get back to you. Does it work if I post my email address? Still learning to drive this thing!! Email is - [email protected] I have got greedy and want a colour puzzle of an action shot of the NZ manufactured HEWCO TWIN-SIX motor scraper. Wife said, start saving your dollars boy, Xmas is over. Oh well, take away a working man's dreams and what has he left. Regards dozeron.

  13. #13ValleyFirewood2013-12-31 03:49

    Dozer On, I guess that makes sense. I have always called a bonnet a hat that is worn in winter!