Eleven men and three companies face federal charges for 'deleting' emissions controls from hundreds of semi trucks The U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Michigan has announced that multiple individuals and companies are facing federal charges for a years-long scheme to disable emissions controls from semi trucks. The charges were announced on April 26. While the investigation is ongoing, the U.S... cdllife.com So, we've had this discussion over and over. Guys outside the US bragging how they don't have to comply. Some guys in the US actually bragging how they thumbed their nose at the rules and defeated/ deleted systems anyway. Well, with all this 'globalism'. Enforcement is becoming more and more prevalent with peoples lives being turned upside down. Remember, think before you do.
indeed. I had a 6bt but darling wife (DW) was very fond of the common rail I brought home, as we could have a conversation in it. When I rebuilt it, I kept all those stock parts on there. The only thing I did change is the camshaft, and that did wonders and is also not an obvious delete. The most that truck will get is a freshened up stock turbo and injectors as time goes by. No twins, and always a cat converter where it should be.
All they have to do is check for soot at exhaust tip, not hard to find or prove.
Opacity meter will prove a lot in just a couple of seconds with live data.
That's some pretty steep fines. Over a million for two of the companies. Curious that one of the agencies involved was Homeland Security. What they have to do with enforcing epa regs - I would be interested to know.
That's true if a scale is equipped with one. Mainly Port of entry scales.
Washington state diesel truck shop accused of tampering with hundreds of pickups to thwart emission controls A 12-count federal indictment alleges that a truck shop in southwest Washington state tampered with hundreds of pickup trucks to disable emission-control systems. The illegal work results in much more pollution from these vehicles, the feds say. www.seattletimes.com