Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

big off-road truck Komatsu 630E, 730E

sophia chen ยท 2009-02-18 22:43

Is there some one interested to talk about some big off-road truck such as Komatsu 630E, 730E, Euclid R170, R190, Terex 3305 etc and some one who focus on mining / oilfield machinery?? Would like to exchange some information and get some help, Hope start discussing.....

Replies13
  1. #1CATBEATER2009-08-19 07:53

    hello Sophia, I am a die hard Komatsu person, any questions about 730e please ask, 630e is no longer manufactured so I dont know too much about that model, we do have many 830e and 930e in China also, Go Komatsu!

  2. #2MrKomatsu2009-08-19 09:58

    Dang.......... CAT....I have seen the 960E's.....Bigboy toys.................

  3. #3MrKomatsu2009-08-19 10:00

    Been with Komatsu for 14 years.....

  4. #4MrElectric032009-08-19 20:40

    Also a Komatsu dealer tech, while we dont have many trucks of that size in California, ive worked on some 830Es with our shops in Arizona. They are an awesome product, ill be watching this thread closely...Always looking to learn more.

  5. #5rigandig2009-08-20 11:20

    Mr Komatsu, It's funny how someone, you in this case , will say something and it sparks a thought. Being that you said you've been with Komatsu for 14 years and I see you're from Houston, I had to think back to the mid70's. That was when Komatsu started importing their equipment in a big way. At that time I was leased to a trucking co from Dallas, C&H Transportation, who had a yard in Houston close to Hobby Airfield. That yard was where all the machines were stored until they went to the dealers. For a couple of years I made Houston a "favorite destination' when looking for a load from home, knowing I could do local work moving Komatsu's from the docks to the yard there by Hobby. I can't remember the model numbers or sizes, but I do know ya got nagged at if ya came back to the yard with any empty space on a trl. Was a different time back then. Thanks for the memory. :drinkup

  6. #6MrKomatsu2009-08-20 18:17

    those were the dayz...my friend.....say thristy..:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:usa

  7. #7CATBEATER2009-09-25 12:16

    Nice Pic MrKomatsu! Cheers!

  8. #8MrKomatsu2009-09-25 12:23

    :usastay thirsty my friend......:drinkup:usa:drinkup:usa:drinkup:usa

  9. #9Ross2009-09-26 10:46

    Pretty good trucks ... The 830's and 930E's are well suited to Mountain top removal mining but dont like the boggy stuff. Come on then? Plenty of Experienced people here .. Get some pics up! Here is one from me ... Not Posting the pic here as i will loose control over it after 1 hour. (sorry) http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p124/rosspec/Trucks And Shovels/t2008smsequip053-1.jpg

  10. #10granitefan7132009-10-06 18:43

    I too would like to learn more and share info. I don't know much more than tonnage capacities and comparable models. (i.e. Cat 797F vs Komatsu 960E)

  11. #11sluggo2009-10-29 01:14

    ya need to pull out & re spot..your under that shovel all cockeyed

  12. #12jey_c2010-12-30 12:24

    is it the biggest truck made by komatsu?

  13. #13Alick2025-01-01 14:57

    Good evening Sophia. Quick been experiencing oil leaks on 930E-5 spindle side position 4 but of course the 930E-5 is not like the hitachi EH5000 that has brake bleed o-rings wearing what could be the cause of the leak