Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Riding inside Otsego County Snowplow, Cool Video !

doncampbell ยท 2009-02-17 18:32

Thought some of you might enjoy the video my wife Deb took of me riding inside the Otsego County Snowplow . I took a bunch of photos from inside, but these short clips were the best from the outside. We only knocked down five mailboxes in the two hours, ha,ha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu0mgDMRq7c

Replies11
  1. #1blowerman2009-02-17 18:34

    Looks like quite a windrow to move back. Nice shot, keep 'em comming.

  2. #2doncampbell2009-02-17 19:15

    I love seeing the snow fly from the snowplows

  3. #3Wolf2009-02-17 19:44

    Great video, but did you make Deb stand outside in the cold to film that for you???

  4. #4Raildudes dad2009-02-17 22:03

    Nope, near the end you can see the wipers, he let her sit in the car Hey Don - Mike R know you were riding? PS: Where was that grader for sale you posted the other day?

  5. #5dirt digger2009-02-17 22:53

    5 in 2 hours?..wow haha...my record is 1 in 10 hours

  6. #6OCR2009-02-18 00:18

    Good one's Don... and I get to go out and plow at midnight... 2 hours from now... Love it, love it... in fact, I'd better start getting ready... :yup OCR...

  7. #7Jeffksf2009-02-18 11:16

    What can you tell me about the blade under the truck, whats it called?, when do you use it?, seems odd to use it in a heavy snow fall? great footage.

  8. #8doncampbell2009-02-18 13:05

    Yes, Deb and Tom's wife both had strict orders to stand outside all afternoon for a clear view for a greater video for nice people like you to enjoy !! We did not plan on them having to go find a party store with a restroom ??, or there would have been many more good videos.

  9. #9doncampbell2009-02-18 13:08

    Mike R was out of town, besides we were doing this for a snowplow safety video for school children !! I'm sure we have saved many children from walking in front of the snowplow from these videos. So thanks Mike R. for thinking of the children. The grader was over by Traverse City near Alden.

  10. #10doncampbell2009-02-18 13:10

    The belly blade is what scrapes the road surface clean, the front plow does not scrape the road, it move the mass amounts of snow and throws it well out of the way. The pressure on the belly blade is so great you can feel it lift the truck when all the downpressure is on it.

  11. #11doncampbell2009-02-18 13:13

    We got five inches of snow overnight so i was out in the tractor playing with the 84 inch snowblower today ! Here is a picture of the front snowscoop I built 10 years ago with reversable side wings. It will pull a LOT of snow backwards in residential driveways to the road in one pass, after five passes, I turn and three passes with the 84 " Erskine Snowblower I am done and off to the next account. I built quick attach brackets so it is easy to change over to the bucket. I used to run a front blower and a rear hydraulic blade, but I love the front blade and the loader arms wit the downpressure.