Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Couple Pictures of the new international lone star

Chaz Murray · 2009-02-20 14:36

We have a customer that just dropped off one of the new lone stars to have ramps installed for low bed trailers...Just figured a few people would like to see the Day Cab version since I have not seen many pictures floating around

Replies27
  1. #1curly2009-02-20 14:52

    WOW! That is a freaky looking front end design. Almost looks like a tribute to some Mad Max-esq semi.

  2. #2Canadian_digger2009-02-20 17:02

    Not sure if I like it or not. It’s definitely different.

  3. #3MAC-EX2009-02-20 19:22

    Now thats GROOVY:OMG:cool2

  4. #4HeyUvaVT2009-02-20 20:04

    i love em ...looks like the gremlin truck in maxiumum overdrive!

  5. #5Steve Frazier2009-02-21 04:17

    It's a retro look going back to the 40s style pickups. I saw an article on them over the summer. I think the darker colors will look better in this style.

  6. #6RonG2009-02-21 04:44

    It looks like a very prominent politician to me but I won't mention her name )Ron G

  7. #7TD-82009-02-21 17:39

    +1 if i had the money, i would have to have one!

  8. #8Deerehauler2009-02-23 23:14

    I kind of think of the old Diamond Rio's whenever I see one of those.

  9. #9Dwan Hall2009-02-24 02:58

    Truck has probably got more up stairs.

  10. #10Northart2009-02-24 03:12

    Scary looking ! LOL Enough to scare the traffic off the road . LOL

  11. #11Eric2009-02-24 19:03

    I like them, it's nice to see something out of the ordinary. Personally I think that some 8" stacks would look sweet. Lovin the old school feel.

  12. #12GaryKelley2009-03-02 11:06

    I think they are GREAT...talk about retro! the IH dealership in Little Rock, AR has 2 of them sitting on their lot waiting for an owner....1 red 1 blue...how I wish we hadn't got this Freightliner last Oct...

  13. #13wilddanz712009-03-02 13:17

    Check this thing out!! http://www.internationaltrucks.com/InternationalTrucks/V2Global/Brochures/DMAXX_brochure.pdf

  14. #14surfer-joe2009-03-02 23:48

    Kinda looks like a new Cadillac from the front. But at least it can be told apart from the competition.

  15. #15hoeman6002009-03-03 08:18

    pt crusier ,pt crusier :throwup mabyee a caddy yeh mabyee

  16. #16thejdman042009-03-05 11:11

    Ugly to me.

  17. #17hvy 1ton2009-03-05 15:11

    hoeman that right there, thats is funny

  18. #18CTDiesel2009-03-05 17:12

    Not near as ugly as any European tractor. I like it, it's unique.

  19. #19tonka2009-03-06 17:10

    Shhhh you didnt here this from me but there might be a custom one at the mid america truck show!

  20. #20Dig-UP2009-03-06 17:19

    A member of Tow411.com, "towthis2002" uploaded these... First Lone star built into wrecker...

  21. #2106bowtie_guy2009-03-07 21:31

    Local dealer has one, figured it was sold as it wasn't there long but it left and came back now twice. Nice rig but i'd rather a 379X That is one sick looking wrecker!!!

  22. #22surfer-joe2009-03-07 21:37

    Almost looks like something I saw in a horror flick sometime ago. Won't be much doubt as to what make truck is coming at ya.

  23. #23Tacodriver2009-03-08 19:23

    Magnum trailers in Abbotsford makes a moose bumper for them

  24. #24CTDiesel2009-03-08 21:07

    Saw one on the interstate here in Indy, first time I've seen one in person. Looked really nice. I think I like them.

  25. #25Copenhagen2009-03-09 17:25

    I saw one in person going down the highway the other day. I think they look better in person than they do in the pictures. I think I might pick up a few...once I win the lottery.

  26. #26Bobcat s3302009-03-10 18:04

    I like the way they look

  27. #27Steve Frazier2009-03-23 00:12

    http://www.internationaltrucks.com/...toid=cb4200f9afbff110VgnVCM100000e5c9a8c0RCRD