https://youtu.be/95A8VbMcNF4 Was wondering if any one Has any info on these like where to buy them
Or how to get one made
Sounds like they shop built that one. And to me it's not all that impressive, just a big wobbly blade with a V4 engine belt driving it. Are you wanting to cut rock or concrete, asphalt over concreter, or? at what maximim depth of cut, is kerf width an issue and what are you planning to attach it to, skid steer, excavator, or make it a self propelled solid tired or tracked rig? I think there's about ten miles of room for improvement over that particular setup, though it looks like it did what they needed done.
Yair . . . I couldn't help but grin, I know bugger all about rock-saws and as lantraxco says it did the job and hopefully made them some money but wow . . . that thing is pretty basic and thats probably why it works . . . I think I would at least have furnished that little engine with a snorkel. I see this comment on the Youtube page . . . . Accu-Cut sawing the Pinellas Bayway Bridge in St Pete FL with a Giant 91" Diamond saw blade on our patent pending skid steer saw. I wouldn't have thought there was too much that could be patented on that sucker. Cheers.
Yeah, pretty basic... and patents are bascially a waste of time and money unless you're already a big corporation with a crack legal team. Running water on the saw, not really all that much dust, though there's obviously a grey paste on everything.
I've seen the big rock saw attachments with the carbide teeth but not one with what looks like a diamond blade. I like it, that could be a money maker depending on what a diamond blade that size costs. One with a blade a little smaller in diameter that could cut 1-2' deep on a skid would be slick. If the concrete slab or paving is 6" or thicker I like to saw into sections and remove it in pieces - much quicker than hammering it. Went to a project the other day with a friend of mine. It was a gut to the shell and re-build. The building was about 6K SF and the demo contractor had already removed the slab. After talking with the super, he said they had a mini with a hammer and skid to remove the inside slab, said it took a week to take it out. I thought to myself - I would have sawed it into 4x4 slabs, shot the boom of a lull through one of the many openings in the wall, stacked the slabs on the forks with a mini and had that done in 2 days. This attachment has the potential be a money maker.
Well, something like it maybe... that blade was probably ten grand or more, and one mistake you strip the diamonds off or warp the heck out of the disk and you're in the soup. I agree there's probably a market for an attachable concrete saw, and there are some out there but not easy to find. Husqvarna makes a self powered unit with I think a 60" blade would do what you want on flat slabs. Anyway, many ways to skin the same cat, somebody wants it and has money, I or a thousand other shops would love to build it!
I want it for something else every once in a while i get some specialty jobs making retaining walls out of natural keystone or oolite So i need to produce a cut like this to make the slabs i need, currently i dig out my own rock and have a stone saw mill cut it for me but it would be nice to be able to cut my own slabs
I have talked to this company couple times at trade show. this would be great solution for dealing with our soft limestone bedrock. But never got regular contract to justify buying one. http://www.creightonrock.com/products/attachments/rock-tools-rock-saws/
That would work great but do they offer one for a skid steer? I guess ill call tuesday zince monday is memorial day
I guess you didn't see the last picture on that Page ??? ….. of a JCB Skid-steer with their saw on it ….. We, in Canada don't celebrate Memorial day …. Our May holiday was last weekend (Victoria Day) ….. So for you tomorrow wouldn't be a problem to call for info …… Let us know what you find out ! …. as CM posted that could be a heck of a money maker/saver in the right application ….
Monster if there is enough demand for those types of retainer walls that could be a nice niche to be in. Producing and installing, make money on both ends. Interesting, of course I know nothing about your market but I see some potential. If transportation wasn't so expensive I know I could sell those blocks up here for some nice change.
If you're pulling rock out of a quarry or whatever, you might want to look into a wire saw, cut them at the source?
There you go, from the pictures these folks seem to have the problem well in hand, blades up to 14 feet in diameter!
Wow i did not even notice the jcb at all thats what i need