Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade keeps traveling, have to pull back to middle lever position to stop it?

uwish ยท 2020-04-14 01:08

Hi after some help with this problem, the blade on the excavator used to operate were you would move level to a position and then it would go there and stop at that position, now you have to leave the lever in the middle part of its range otherwise the blade just keep going(traveling), so to lower Blade for example you move level forward then pull back to middle to stop it moving at the point you want, but it also feels like once the blade has stopped moving there is no pressure to hold it in position? machine is a yanmar 3t excavator cheers Ben

Replies6
  1. #1funwithfuel2020-04-14 07:50

    What happens if you pull the blade up and leave it overnight?

  2. #2uwish2020-04-14 18:20

    it stays up, its like the control lever for the blade is ment to be a position level i.e you move lever to a desired blade position and blade travel to said position and holds and stays then, the way is is now is that its like a an on/off switch for movement in either direction, im wondered if someone knew the system , if its electric over hydraulic(with limits switches ect) or if its purely manual hydraulic, im going to have alook at machine today closer to test a few things seen as in new zealand we are in a covid19 lockdown, so make the best use of your time right, cheers for help Ben

  3. #3funwithfuel2020-04-14 18:23

    Most of the little machines are simple linkage and valve. Especially regarding the pusher blade. I haven't seen one yet that would drift like you describe. Makes me wonder if it has a float function. Sorry couldn't be of more help.

  4. #4Nige2020-04-14 19:52

    Just a thought. Unless I'm missing something isn't that how all hydraulic controls are supposed to work.? I mean, you move the lever to the "down" position and the blade goes down. When it gets to the position you want you let go of the control lever which then returns to the neutral (centre) position. If you didn't do that surely the cylinder could keep moving for as long as the control was "not in neutral" until the cylinder reached the end of its travel.? It's not something daft like a centring spring on the control lever mechanism broken is it..?

  5. #5mitch5042020-04-14 21:52

    What he is describing is the way farm tractor 3 pt hitch controls work, if you put the handle all the way up, the hitch goes all the way up, where ever in the range you put the handle is where the hitch goes. I've never seen any control on an excavator that worked that way, but I've never run a Yanmar, or any mini for that matter.

  6. #6Ronsii2020-04-14 23:56

    Exactly what I was thinking when I read his post... he is talking about 3 point draft control and like mitch I have never seen it on a mini excavator... but I have ran quite a few mini's and quite a few tractors with draft control on them.