Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bleeding brakes question

rutwad ยท 2018-02-08 15:03

I removed the rear axle assembly on my cat 416c to replace a seal, and all id's back together now. But now I need to bleed air from the rear brake line. Do I loosen the line at the axle housing to push the air out?

Replies4
  1. #1kshansen2018-02-08 19:37

    I know I should remember where you gave the serial number but forgot to make notes! Anyhow attached are the instructions that appear to be for many machine so if yours is listed that should help. If youors is NOT on the list of the first page or two give me your S/N again and I look some more.

  2. #2rutwad2018-02-09 04:45

    Serial number is 4ZN03...., but I think that procedure will work.

  3. #3kshansen2018-02-09 07:06

    Well the second prefix on the list is for 4ZN1 and up so you should be good to go.

  4. #4rutwad2018-02-09 10:54

    Yeah, I saw that but mines 4ZN0 so I figured something must be different. But everything looked familiar enough I think I can get it worked out. Btw, any chance you know if the nut on the front axle pinion gear that holds the driveshaft yoke is regular or left-hand threads? I'm kind of hoping it's LH, because I haven't been able to budge it!