Just revealed this week. http://www.jcbvision.com
other then the lift arm it looks like the same basic machine as the older T 1110 like my avitar. same engine , just updated emission specs .
interestingly they got rid of the cage around the operator and went with safety glass instead on the machines with cabs...i am fine with that but would imagine some people would not be.
Thats the strangest lookin skid ive ever seen
I don't know the exact numbers (I'd have to get them from my buddy at Bobcat), but between both JCB and Volvo(who just started branding the JCB) they would be lucky to sell a couple hundred units in the US combined. I do like the mono-boom (and the glass in place of side screens), but they have never really caught on. It looks strange...with the cab being offset.
that is sweet that volvo is putting their name on the jcb. i like volvo skid steers. the problems with all these foreign coutries bringing their stuff over here is there is too much ground to cover. within 20 minutues of my house there are at least 4 bobcat dealers. jcb just cant compete with this kinda coverage. i would buy a jcb but they are too long for my operation. their farm tractors are sweet that go 43 mph down the road too.
I have always wondered why companies continued to have the cages along with glass cabs. with the cage youre never going to be able to easily clean the glass.
I had a first hand experience on why that cage should be there. I was on a demo project moving some pipe with a grapple bucket and had the pipe some how get hung up then let go hitting the side of the ROPS so hard that it bent the expanded metal into the cab. That would no doubt have broke Lexan and hit me in the cab. Cleaning windows suck but I don't want to trust 3/8 Lexan to keep me safe.
well... on the new bobcats the windows are mounted outside of the cage... i know some people will complain about that, but i think its a good idea. easy to clean, more room in the cab. if you break the glass, there is a good chance it would have broken even if it was inside the cage. i had a tree stump come through the front window the other day of the s185 trying to get me...but i stopped before it did. good think i didnt have a laggy control system. i am impressed at how loud that glass is when it breaks.
TOTALLY different than your machine. This machine was engineered in the US. Redesigned from the ground up. Not just a update. 20+% fewer fittings than your 1110T, o-ring flat faced fittings. Tilt up, pressurized cab. Hydraulics have been completely re-engineered. It was pretty impressive. This machine was engineered, sourced, and will be built in the US at JCB's plant in Savannah, GA.
I've always liked the practicality of the side ingress/egress for lots of reasons , but no offense JCBgm (I assume you work for JCB?), I don't think the past cab and engineering were the hang-up here in the US. JCB has always had pretty good fit and finish as a rule of thumb, and their backhoe is the world market share leader; however, the backhoe had less than 4% market share last time I checked and I think the SSL/CTL just haven't caught on due to the arm, and the poor dealer network. No amount of re-engineering can solve that. JMHO.
I think you mean 4% in the US... I think these are some of the best-looking skids on the market. Good visibility, solid specs, and different from everything else on the market. What is uncertain (and I agree with digdeep on this one) is whether this new generation finally get the penetration JCB wants.
Thanks for clarifying. You are correct.
It's a neat idea but I'm stuck buying gehls/mustang until someone makes a model with equal lift height, until then I won't even look at anything else. From the design a extend-a-boom could be an easy addition to the machine but i don't know if it would be efficient enough to load out rubble.
well...gehls and mustangs dont have anymore lift height than anything else...unless you r just running a 7810 or equivalent.
we're running 7810s