Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 322 engine stalls when console is lowered

Dstein1184 · 2024-08-05 14:05

Hey everyone, I recently bought a bobcat 322 mini ex and it was empty on hydraulic fluid with multiple leaks. I topped off the fluid and found the engine wants to stall when the console is lowered in operation position. It’s acting like a stuck closed relief valve but I haven’t dug to far into it yet. I have a service manual on order and wanted to see what you guys think or have seen?

Replies8
  1. #1IceHole2024-08-05 16:06

    Console?

  2. #2Dstein11842024-08-05 18:34

    The left side with the joystick folds down like an arm rest and must have a safety switch that allows the hydraulic functions to operate

  3. #3Kobe Steel2024-08-06 03:03

    Possibly sounds like a unused function is being activated as soon as you lower the lever lock arm.

  4. #4IceHole2024-08-06 17:08

    That's a switch that turns on the pilot hydraulics, and therefore the main hydraulics.

  5. #5Dstein11842024-08-06 17:44

    Ok makes sense, where do you think I should start diagnosis?

  6. #6Cliffy2024-08-07 07:24

    To not create movement of a hydraulic function means that your dead heading a circuit. I would be looking at the aux hydraulics. Possibly controlled by foot pedal.

  7. #7Dstein11842024-08-15 20:05

    You were right. Found my problem. Foot pedal was stuck for aux hydraulics. I placed it in neutral position and I no longer have my problem. Thank you!

  8. #8Cliffy2024-08-15 20:46

    Myself and others appreciate you coming back with the solution. So many threads end with silence.