Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 323 Oils, etc….

MarkS1 · 2025-03-21 18:00

Hi, My girlfriend has a 2005 Bobcat 323-J that runs well and everything works but has not had even routine maintenance in several years. We're doing light to medium irrigation trenching, filling voids in horse pens and other minor excavating jobs on her ranch as Spring comes on. We live in Western CO at 6200' with summer highs around 95°, winter lows in the teens. The high-clay soil is like concrete, wet or dry, with lots of rocks. I have no experience with diesel motors but lots with cars, motorcycles, atv's, etc. The 323's motor oil looks like mud. I'm a true believer in full-synthetic oils. I also have the full 323 Service/Operators manuals. For now, I just want to do a full round of fluids/filters maintenance. Here's my questions: 1. Full-Synth Rotella T6 or Mobil Delvac Extreme 15w40? Or something else? 2. Compatible name brand oil filter number for the Bobcat 6671057 ? I prefer Purolator Boss, myself. 3. What is a compatible replacement coolant for Bobcat's Propylene Glycol? 4. Can I replace the 80w-90 gear oil in the travel motors with full-synth 75w-90 ? If so, what brand? I've used Red Line in my bikes with great results. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1ozarkag2025-03-21 23:43

    1. Both good. Or nearly any good 15w40 2 cross to anything you like. Wix, Baldwin, Napa, Donaldson. Basically whatever is local. . . 3 none. Drain and refill with reg ol green. 4 yes. That old girl will run with mud for motor oil, no need to overthink it. Your choices are solid, use what us convenient and it will thank you. Don't forget air filters

  2. #2MarkS12025-03-22 08:13

    Sounds good. Thanks, OA.