Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 325

luckydog0_18 ยท 2018-12-19 22:20

I have a bobcat 325 that pulls to the right has done it ever since I bought it used. In 1 minute one track goes sound 10 times the other track goes 7 times. Another test was : one track did one complete revolution and the other was it 3/4 of the way around. When pushing hi/low tram speed there is no change. Is there anything I can do to figure out exactly what it is? I don't know much about them but I can work on things lol. Just need a little direction on this. The machine is a 2000 with 1458 hours. Thank you for any and all help and suggestions.

Replies13
  1. #1rondig2018-12-20 02:18

    U can set the stroke on each piston pump

  2. #2luckydog0_182018-12-20 04:06

    Rondig, can you explain how? And would that make it have no difference when pushing the hi/low tram ? Thank you.

  3. #3luckydog0_182018-12-20 05:39

    I did try adjusting the threaded rod that connects the tram stick to valve and it didn't change anything either.

  4. #4rondig2018-12-20 08:42

    Yeah it is not in the rods...it is in the stroke limiters...also no hi/low on button is usually on the electric solenoid on side of frame....worse case could be a bad track motor....you can test case drain return on slow motor...adjustment on rods really only sets neutral.

  5. #5luckydog0_182018-12-20 09:04

    It adjusting stroke limiters something I can do or need to go to a shop?I haven't worked on machinery much so still new when something needs done. I did find a seloind in the engine compartment that had same color wires as the hi low switch and replaced it,still no change with that part. I appreciate all the info..

  6. #6luckydog0_182018-12-20 09:05

    Also I don't know if it matters but this is a enclosed cab.

  7. #7rondig2018-12-20 09:25

    The two speed on 325 is done through the track motors...the solenoid sends charge pressure to the motor...to shift a plate in the motor to block off half the pistons..make sure your looking at right solenoid there are a few on a 325

  8. #8luckydog0_182018-12-20 09:49

    I'm sorry ,my bad. I changed a relay not solenoid. But would a bad solenoid cause the tracks to rotate like they are?

  9. #9rondig2018-12-20 09:50

    No but they would not go into high...but bad motor would....or even pump flow would.

  10. #10rondig2018-12-20 09:54

    There are test ports for charge pressure and system pressure.....that will tell you forsure

  11. #11luckydog0_182018-12-20 09:54

    Ok, I posted the problem with the speed and hi low problem because I didn't know if they were connected somehow or not. Now I do thank you. I think I need to worry about the speed of the tracks not being the same first. Maybe time to sale

  12. #12rondig2018-12-20 10:12

    Just check your pressures at test ports should tell you the story...takes about 2 hours to test/adjust everything in our shop....sure shops around there can do the same....200.00 is cheap to find out.

  13. #13luckydog0_182018-12-21 05:44

    Ok thanks, I'll be laid off end of next week so I should have some time to check it.