Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 328D Slew Motor Plumbing / Carrier Leak

fast_frank_d ยท 2025-03-18 11:55

Hello all, I recently purchased a Bobcat 328 232413xxx and have been soaking up all of the great advice on this forum! I need help with a leak coming from the swing carrier pinion seal. Before I rebuild the carrier, I want to make sure that it is a pinion seal problem rather than excessive case drain flow/pressure blowing out the seal. My understanding is that the carrier is lubricated by case drain fluid. I checked the case drain flow at the case drain filter inlet, and it was quite high with no swing. However I then noticed that there is another hose that T's into the case drain at the motor. See attached pictures of the slew motor case drain port, Red Double Arrow indicates the extra hose I wonder about.. I followed the hose to a valve block near the battery where it goes between a couple of solenoids. I do not have a hydraulic schematic for this machine, and not sure I could read it if I did. Does anyone know if this hose is supposed to have flow/pressure at all times? Again, I just want to make sure the pinion seal isn't getting blown out by excessive pressure before I go through the work to replace it. Other ideas appreciated. Thanks! Frank

Replies0

No replies yet.