I bought this thing recently and I'm beginning to go through it fixing things. The current problem is with the cylinder that offsets the boom (not sure proper name for it). When I got the machine, it was leaking and would slowly drift to the right while working. Now it is stuck hard to the right (passenger side). While looking over it, I noticed that the cylinder shaft rides on a metal plate immediately within the body of the machine. Is this how it should be? If so, wouldn't that tend to damage the chrome? I am attempting to remove the cylinder, but it's obvious it would be quite difficult to remove the whole thing. The fuel tank would have to go too. If I just remove shaft and piston, will a hydraulic shop be able to repair? What information would they need? Thanks in advance for any help. This is all pretty new to me.
I can't answer your main question, but I have a 331 and am sure my shaft hits that plate also. I can't rotate the boom as far to the right as to the left. It will go 90* to the left but about 60* to the right. Just the way it's made I guess. Good luck with your fixings
That's helpful. Was thinking that could be a cause of cylinder leaking
I ordered a tool to remove the gland nut. Meanwhile, I'm looking around under here. I see that the foot pedal actuated a linkage. It's hard to see where that linkage goes to. Any ideas?
If you run into insurmountable problems trying to fix this...is there a way to just lock the boom in the front forward position? I have only used the rotate on this one time and didn't really need it then. Maybe unhook the cylinder and use a piece of chain on each side or something like that?? In my case, I would try something like this because I don't need this feature to work. Especially if it is gonna be $$$$$$$$$$ Good luck
I'm sure there's a way. That could be an option for me as well. I rarely have the need to use it.