Need a bit of trouble shooting help. I have a 2003 bobcat 341 Mini Excavator with a Kubota v2003 motor, found oil in radiator, did pressure test through radiator and pressure drops from 15psi down to about 10psi then stops, does not build pressure while running after pumping up to 15psi, I have no water in the oil pan, while under pressure pull dip stick and nothing changes, wondering if it could be a head gasket or a cracked liner, if you have knowledge of kubota diesels, any input would be great. Thanks Chris
Welcome to HEF CES1. :drinkup Does it look like black oil right out of the crankcase, or does it look like black combustion residue? Typically a cracked liner, cracked head, or failed head gasket will leave more of a combustion residue instead of black oil, and you typically get some pressure in the radiator from these situations. If you have black motor oil in the radiator I'd first check the oil cooler. It's a round can that the engine oil filter is mounted on, should be two coolant lines connected to the oil cooler. Disconnect the coolant lines and join them together, leave to tubes that they were connected to on the oil cooler open. Start and run the engine and see if motor oil comes out of the tubes on the oil cooler.
Thanks Willie59 for the reply. Yes it's definitely oil I'm going to check and possibly change the oil cooler out,and flush out the cooling system the engine runs fine otherwise, I will let you know what I find, thanks again.
I had oil in rad in my jd 240 skid steer and it was the oil cooler
An updated on my problem, ended up being the oil cooler causing my problem, replaced with new one and no more oil after cleaning out the system.
Thanks for the update CES1, good to hear you fixed your problem. :drinkup