Hello, I have a BOBCAT 583 with a 4 cylinder Isuzu diesel engine. About a week ago, we had a cold spell and I believe my diesel fuel gelled. I bought that 911 stuff and ran it through. It didn’t seem to help. I have cleaned the tank, flushed the lines to the injection pump from the tank and replaced the fuel filter and put fresh fuel in. All I can get the bobcat to do is idle. It does lope some at idle, but when I try to raise the RPM’s it seems like it has power at first and then falls on its face. If you let it run at idle for a few minutes and throttle up, it will do the same thing. It will have power and then fall on its face. I believed it had a fuel restriction so I re-cleaned everything and replaced the fuel filter again. It did not help. I am thinking it has to be in the injection pump somewhere. Does anyone have any advice for me? Also, if someone has an teardown illustration of the injection pump, could you send that to me? I am knowledgeable and worked on the ford Diesels for a ford dealer for a bit but am not a whiz. Thanks for any help.
Check for fuel after the filter (pull the line). Could be the fuel pickup tube in the tank is cracked and ready to fall off. Ed
Ok. thanks. One thing I did forget to mention is I bypassed the tank and had it suck fuel out of a 5 gallon can. It still did the same thing. I had the fuel can hooked direction to the injection pump.
Check for a strainer screen going into the injector pump. Try removing the line from the injector pump and have someone crank it and see if you have a good flow to the pump.
I am sorry, I have a typo. It's a 853 model.
some people have problems with pickup in the tank... rarely but it happens