Hi Guys, I just bought a bobcat 709 excavator attachment and was wondering if it will work on a Cat 226 skidsteer? From what I can gather on YouTube and google they will couple together and the 2 hose aux hyd will work It’s just the big lock pins that may be a problem? Is there somewhere that a mount kit would be available to make it work with the Cat? Thanks!
As you can see in the picture someone has one a cat with an adapter bracket. That’s what I think I’m looking for.
Looks like your going to be making them the same as in the photo
I had a CASE BH attachment on a CASE 1840 years ago. It had tie down locations, but I never used them. The tilt cylinder will give over time but you typically end up relocating the machine anyway. I am not sure if this would work in this case, but I would run it as it is and see if that coupler is necessary.
Ya I was wondering if they were really needed. I guess like you said, would just have to try it.
It does look like the brackets on that cat in the pic are a factory built thing though
I've run a 709 on my Bobcat both with and without the brackets. It's considerably smoother with the brackets and I'd suggest making some. That 709 is hard enought to dig with when it's stationary!
I think those things are all the same. It is fastest way to convince yourself you need a mini ex.
The key to running a 709 is throttle way down. Impossible to run at high or full throttle, even with my old 743. The other problem with high rpm is the hoe will drag the loader all over the place, the vertical stabilizers are more for leveling than digging in. The rear loader tires don't hold position either. If used properly the 709 is a very capable attachment, slow and steady is how you run. Ed