Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

gehl 5635 bucket won’t tilt

stevejeri ยท 2014-11-11 12:00

I caught a stump with my front tire today and it bounced pretty hard and then the bucket won't tilt and the lift will go up but to get it to go down I have to push the stick all the way forward to where it locks. Something happen in the pump?

Replies4
  1. #1stevejeri2014-11-11 12:02

    All the connecting rods for the controls are still connected. Hydraulic fluid is good.

  2. #2stovein2014-11-11 15:56

    Not familiar with your machine but I would guess when you were bouncing around the aux hyd became engaged in continuous flow detent. On most machines that will cause the bucket to do odd things.

  3. #3stevejeri2014-11-11 16:58

    I wish you were here so I could shake your hand. That is exactly what it was. The aux. hyd is a foot control and I guess I stomped on it while bouncing around. It was idling rough too and I figured I had really messed something up, but that fixed it all. Thanks a million for your input. Guess that is why you are a senior member and I am still a junior.

  4. #4stovein2014-11-11 22:59

    Glad it helped, I didn't even know I was a senior member, thought I was just old.