It would not back up on one side. I had the drive motor rebuilt. Still wouldn't back up. $1000 later they found a broken spring in the pressure relief valve on the drive motor. I ordered a new one from Bobcat - it came today and is twice as long as the remnants recovered from the old spring. Now the machine backs up great - won't go forward. I need pictures and part numbers of what is supposed to be in there. I have the spool, the top hat looking poppet, the spring, a half moon shaped collar, and then the oring/screw in plug. Do I have the wrong spring tension or am I missing parts?
Look on the Bobcat website, pretty sure you can access all the parts manuals on-line. Ed
I just looked up the spring and the parts for this - I have all the right parts unless the bag the spring was in was mislabeled. I don't get it - no spring no backup, spring in no forward. I'm going to try polishing the piston next I guess. I'm still wondering if the spring is too stiff. Went here for info: https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#...005-Hydrostatic System/0007-Hydrostatic Motor
Maybe someone can help me understand how this works. It has three hoses, two big (A,B) and one small (C). Does the fluid flow in A and out B to go forward, in B and out A to go backward, or does it come in A and out C for forward and in B and out C for reverse?