Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat 743 hydraulic problem

uponthehill743 ยท 2007-04-30 19:04

I have a 743 that needs the hydraulic control valve rebuilt. The hour meter stoped counting at 2700 hours but I am sure it has a lot more than that. Every time I move the lever for the auxiliary hydraulics a squirt of fluid comes out at the spool. If I put the lift arms all the way up, in about an hour they are on the ground. When I use the tilt, the pedal pressed foward lowers the bucket, but when the pedal is pressed back the bucket lowers for a second and then lifts up as it should. Yesterday I took the valve out of the loader, (what a big job!) and after taking a closer look, my repair manual shows how to rebuild a Gresen valve and I have a melroe. Does anyone know If there is a big difference between the two? This is my first time working on any type of hydraulic system so any tips and pointers would help a lot !!! I plan on replacing all the O-rings but what other parts should I replace? Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Countryboy2007-04-30 20:10

    Welcome to HEF uponthehill743! :drinkup

  2. #2surfer-joe2007-04-30 23:42

    bobcat 743 O-rings, seals, wear bushings (if any) and dust boots. Look closely at the valve bores and the spool lands. if there is any deep damage, you will have to replace. Checks springs closely. It sounds like just a bypass problem, so is probably seals and packing. But could be worse. Oil squirting out of valve is good indication of this. Good luck!