Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 751 frozen

stumphanger55 ยท 2014-10-31 07:48

Guys: I need your help. This machine refuses to move, forward or reverse. Bucket refuses to lift, lower, dump. Engine starts/runs fine. You can hear the pumps "load" when I try to operate it, but it won't move. This machine has the BICS, but it is NOT lit up. None of the gauges are working. The front headlights DO work. I have checked the fuses and all appear OK. I raised the cab and looked for bad connections, worn wires, but found none. The Traction Lock Override Button doesn't light up or appear to operate. The parking brake appears to have no affect either way. I have operated equipment for years, but am not much of a mechanic, so keep answers simple. I figure it has to be an electrical issue. Any help at all will be appreciated and thanks. Mark W

Replies7
  1. #1willie592014-10-31 20:51

    Welcome to HEF stumphanger55. :drinkup Is your machine a C, F, or G series? Is it a standard control machine, or does it have Advance Hand Controls or selectable joysticks? Machine serial number?

  2. #2crewchief8882014-11-01 10:45

    check the switch power relay in the engine compartment. :drinkup

  3. #3stumphanger552014-11-03 09:17

    Thanks guys for the response. Willie59: I have not seen anything to indicate series, but the serial number is 514715234. It has standard controls. Crewchief888: Can you give me an idea where that relay might be located, a general idea of what it will look like? Most appreciated. Mark W

  4. #4crewchief8882014-11-04 17:37

    above the battery multilple relays with a harness connector on them. typically on the top of the mount theres a decal telling you what relay is for what. :drinkup

  5. #5stumphanger552014-11-05 07:06

    Thanks crewchief, that's a big help. Mark W

  6. #6stumphanger552014-11-06 07:45

    To follow up, a friend came out and took a look at what was going on. He grabbed the same relays I did, moved them just a little, and everything worked. I guess some days are like that. We cleaned up all the connections that we could find and put dielectric grease on them. Problem solved. Thanks for every ones input. Mark W

  7. #7Pzilly2014-11-14 01:45

    Thank you for posting your fix, many threads get abandoned with no follow up, which sucks when you read 3 pages to get no answer, glad its running!