Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 head gasket

MLL ยท 2014-12-08 21:29

Hello friends ( I am new to this forum) I have the 753 (2000 hrs) with kubota diesel and just noticed weeping of coolant from the head gasket space when engine is shut down. As of now, there is absolutely no loss of performance. But I use the bobcat to dig trees in the nursery, and perhaps I should tackle a head gasket change this winter. I have worked as a gas engine mechanic and have rebuilt many gas engines, never a diesel. I have the service manual...think I should do it? Can it be done with engine in place? Special tools a limitation? Assume no head machining needed...just get the gasket done? Thank you in advance.

Replies1
  1. #1crewchief8882014-12-13 10:20

    where is the leak at? post a pic if you can you may have more problems than just a head gasket.... as long as you have the service manual you should be good to go.. it's no different than any other engine. :drinkup