Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 AHC Problems

brian p ยท 2011-03-05 16:44

Looking for some advice on the Bobcat AHC system. Only one light on the left handle is lit.. Pretty sure both are supposed to come on. I believe it is the LIFT light that is on(left one). The right one never comes on, even for a second. I have experience with the newer machines, but not this one. I get all kinds of flashes from this thing. The light will stay on and flicker, flash every 0.5 seconds without any breaks, sometimes code 1 flashes, sometimes code 5 flashes. Its pretty much different every time you turn the key on and off. The problem with the machine is that the hydraulics just shut off, doesn't matter if it is lift or tilt. All of the lights on the BICS controller are lit, no flashes. I checked all the voltages at the joysticks and actuators, everything is within spec. I can see the top actuator moving, but it doesn't move through its full range. If I move the joystick slowly all the way over, it moves a little, but doesn't go the distance. if I move the joystick fast to one side, it moves... but only sometimes. I'm leaning towards the AHC Controller as the problem. Both lift and tilt have the same problem, and when the hydraulics work, they're smooth, but when the stop, it's abrupt. Someone else worked on this thing before I did, and the AHC Controller is just sitting on top of the chaincase. The only thing I haven't checked is if the case of the AHC Controller needs to be grounded... but looking for some advice from someone who has experience with this system. Thanks,

Replies0

No replies yet.