I am new to all of this. I have a Bobcat 743B and just purchased a 60in combo bucket. It has at least what I call "Flatface" connectors which are different than what is on the 743B. I am thinking of putting the Newer connectors on the Bobcat. Can you guys tell what I need and what would be the best way to change it over. Thank You Sam French.
I think Bobcat sells an adapter that just goes between the couplers on your loader and your attachment, might be a quick and ecconomical solution. Hope this helps!
Are you saying they are both flat-faced but are different? Maybe just different size? I wasn't aware that Bobcat used proprietary flat-faced connectors.
Me either. I do know that some of the older Case machines had a flat face coupler, looks just like any other flat face, but it would not connect with other flat faced couplers. I can't imagine how that type of odd (old Case) flat faced coupler wound up on a Bobcat, or the attachment for that matter, but it could be someone installed those couplers not knowing they had the Case couplers. You can't even tell the difference by simply looking at them.
The couplers on the 743B to me have a nipple similar to a grease zerk. Same to I remember as to what is on older tractors. Where the ones on the bucket are flat. I did look at a JD 325 and the couplers on the bucket look like they would fit what is on the JD. Since the 743B is pushing 20 years old and any new attachments would have the new "flat" couplers I was thinking just upgrade the ones on the 743B. The combo bucket is the only attachment I have so far. The guy who rebuilt the 743B painted over them as well. I look at things in a long term perspective. Just thinking better to change over now. Just going through a pereithra of learning experiences with all of this
Sounds like you're describing poppet style couplers on the machine. You would be better to change to flat face couplers, that way nearly any attachment will connect to it. I think you're looking for typical FIRG couplers, but you would have to determine what thread connections you need whether they are pipe thread or SAE o-ring boss straight threads. http://www.stucchiusa.com/PRODUCT SERIES/FIRG.html
If you will be renting other attechments or borrowing from friends upgrade to the flat face couplers. If it is a personal use machine you could use regular tractor style couplers as they are cheap and plentiful. I always set up a machine for the flat face couplers just in case I need to rent a piece of equipment to finish a job. The flat face couplers make less mess and are very well built all at a price.