Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 763 turns but wont start

Cajunken ยท 2016-02-05 05:31

My bobcat 763 when I turn the key it will turn over the engine twice then stops and I hear three beeps and a red light with an exclamation comes on... Can anyone help me?

Replies5
  1. #1mountainlake2016-02-05 06:00

    Check the battery voltage first, it should be 12.4 to 12.6 without the engine running. Steve

  2. #2Cajunken2016-02-05 06:02

    I even had a 200 am battery charger on it and it did the same thing

  3. #3Cajunken2016-02-05 06:04

    I had a 200 amp charger and it still did the same thing

  4. #4crewchief8882016-02-05 17:11

    assuming it's a G series machine (triangular shaped headlights) when the machine beeps, do NOT turn off the ign switch. press and hold the light switch down for several seconds, the hour meter display will change from the meter reading to a 4 digit number XX-XX. that is your active fault code, check your owners manual, should be a section there with the fault codes listed. off the top of my head, several things could be causing it. you may have a bad fuel shutoff solenoid no feedback signal from the starter to the controller. an easy check is to "bump" the starter, leave the ign on, open the tailgate and check to see if the fuel solenoid has pulled. check your fuses and relays, fuel fuse could be blown, or the relay could be bad. if the fuse is blown, more than likely the solenoid is bad :drinkup

  5. #5Cajunken2016-02-06 12:44

    Thanks for all the input Guys it ended up being a bad connection in the fuse box itself little sand paper and electrical de greaser and cleaner . She fired up no problem... No on to the original problem of my brake keeps locking up. Any suggestions????? I can hear it clunking when moving forward and locks up going backwards..