Posted so it may pop up in a search and help somebody down the road. Sometimes simple things are not obvious. To me anyways... Been having trouble with skid steer randomly shutting down. Seemed to turn off when I pressed interlock button (release), and a couple times when I flicked the light switch. Re-starting was hit or miss too. Finally had time to look into it while tending a big burn pile. Also, sticking the front end into an inferno, makes you w.ant to be able to back out of the pile in a hurry without wondering if you are going to be able to restarting the machine! Turned out the ignition switch was loose. No more trouble after tightening the mounting screw and properly grounding it. (Machine is old style Scat Trak 1700C without any computer modules.)
That's always been a problem, on the old farm tractors I often work on. Particularly those with the INDAK key like used on L&G tractors. WHat happens to them is that if you have more than 2 keys on the ring, it makes the innards wear out, due to the weight hanging off the key...
Now you tell me! In my mind I had everything replaced on the machine between the bucket teeth and the rear hatch.