Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 BICS valve issue

MrWhipper ยท 2023-04-29 16:56

Bobcat 773 is giving me a bics issue. It blinks 3 times on the valve light. All other lights working. This valve light leaves the boom/bucket hydraulics inoperable. I already replaced the solenoid. I am told on research that this light means there is a ground or break in the dark green wire. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect everything works until I shut it off. Then it starts all over again. Any suggestions/help would be appreciate.

Replies6
  1. #1willie592023-04-29 20:32

    Is that 773 a C, F, or G series machine?

  2. #2MrWhipper2023-04-29 22:53

    It as an F with boss and bits. No code on boss.

  3. #3willie592023-04-29 23:25

    F series, BOSS really doesn't monitor hydraulic systems, BOSS is more about engine systems. The three blinks of the BICS controller, that's the sucky part of the C and F series machines, the diagnostic info it offers is very basic and vague, on board diagnostics greatly improved with the G series machine. On C and F machines, the three blinks of the Valve LED can be either valve output, the power wire from the BICS controller to the valve, is shorted to ground, or, and where it gets weird, the valve output is not grounded, which would have to mean the valve solenoid is not grounded, or could also mean the solenoid has an open circuit, but you've replaced the solenoid. So yeah, a lot of help from the on board diagnostics. So where to go from here. I don't have a manual for a 773F, so I can't offer specific advice on wire. But check your harness, look for any spot that's rubbing the frame and possibly causing a short to ground. And make sure the ground wire at the BICS lock valve is making a good ground. Look for any signs of rodent damage to the harness, those critters have a propensity to chew wires.

  4. #4MrWhipper2023-05-06 17:31

    Okay so I wired around the bics today with a homemade harness. Thus I control power to the solenoid with a switch. Still got nothing for hydraulics bucket or boom. Think it is the valve the solenoid goes over that attaches to the main hydraulics control? Otherwise, any other ideas?

  5. #5willie592023-05-06 20:27

    Could simply be the magnetic coil for the BICS lock valve has gone up in smoke. Put an ohm meter on it, you should read 8-10 ohm. If you read infinity it's an open circuit, bad coil.

  6. #6MrWhipper2023-05-12 00:25

    I have a 773F. It is throwing a code HF 1-6 on BOSS. (Manual says this code means the hydrostatic charge filter sensor has no signal). The bics is flashing 3 times on the valve light. I have replaced the valve stem and the magnetic coil solenoid. I also tested all wires to make sure I had continuity and all passed. I then thought it was the bics unit, but I hot wired around that to no avail. It seems that if start it and hit the pedals right away, the lift/tilt works more often. If I wait, it does not work at all. When it does work the hydraulics stay working until I turn it off. Any thoughts on what to do to solve intermittent tilt/lift not working? Would the charge filter sensor cause the lift/tilt not to work?