On my '04 S250, 3025 hours, Standard flow, 2 speed. Machine still functions fine. The charge pressure light has been coming on sometimes when cold before it warmed up. Usually you could shut it off wait a minute and run it all day. Last night shutting it off made no difference. It will run for a few minutes, and starts beeping and will shut down a couple minutes later. I had a new charge pressure sender, made no difference when installed. Machine was serviced about 10 hours ago. No stored codes in the computer. Drive belt seems tight, although I've heard a squealing in the past. Kind of disappointed..this machine had an easy life at a landscape company. I've looked for the case drains near the drive motors, I dont see them. Whats next? I've already started pricing pumps
I am not familiar with this machine, but are you sure it's charge pressure and not charge filter light? When you say it was serviced, was the charge filter(s) changed?
Sometimes a new filter can be the issue. I had to change mine early once because of the light.
On a Bobcat machine, when you hear three beeps from the alarm, that's telling you the main controller is seeing a fault and will have an active code. Whenever you hear those three beeps, don't shut it down, don't touch nothing, don't do anything, instead, right then push and hold down the headlight switch to bring up the active faults (code) that prompted the alarm. And yes, low charge pressure and resulting fault will shut the engine down. The main controller on Bobcat machines don't really "store codes", they work more with active faults/codes (see above comments) A clogged hydraulic return filter on a Bobcat won't shut the machine down, it will illuminate the hydraulic filter restriction lamp on the right console on a G series machine. As for the belt "seems tight", make sure it "is tight". That belt has to be under really good tension, much more than what you would see on something like and alternator belt. Drive belt slipping is probably the most common cause of low charge pressure on a Bobcat. If it's not that, then things are going to get more complex, but it doesn't necessarily mean your drive pumps are done.
never seen a bobcat at a landscaping company that had an easy life.... most of them are beat all to hell, and were rarely serviced your machine probably has a single case drain filter, mounted to the top of the chaincase at the left rear, just in front of the hydrostats. you also may have a bad connection at the connector that plugs into the charge pressure switch but you stated that the light only came on when the oil was cold.... typically low charge pressure warning pop up after the oil is hot and the engine is idling...:beatsme :drinkup
Update: the results are in.. Started the machine up tonight, Sat in it and waited until it did its nonsense. I got the following codes in this order...05-09, 05-14, and 05-15. Built an adapter out of a 3/8 x 24 fine thread bolt. I threaded a nut on to it, cut a groove in the threads for the o-ring. Put said bolt in the lathe and drilled a hole through it. Welded a pipe nipple to the bolt, hooked it to a grease gun hose and attached a 1000 psi gauge. I got 395 psi at warm idle and around 420 psi wide open. Does this seem okay for charge pressure? The bobcat dealer said this machine was always brought in for service. I say its supposedly had an easier life as the owner said a lot of the hours were spent idling outside at night during snowplow season. On nights where the crews were out plowing all night, they would just leave it running outside all night to load sand in the plow trucks.
i dont have the charge pressure specs in front of me, but it sounds good to me... i'm wondering, with the multiple codes, if the connector/harness for the charge pressure switch is where the problem is. :beatsme :drinkup