hey guys: So my dad had a stroke and I got to take over clearing the snow here in Minnesota. So he has a bobcat 853 and I went to start it yesterday let it idle for awhile(she starts like a charm) I lifted the bucket up in the garage back it out than when i went to start moving snow the bucket went very slow down and wouldn't go back up. My brother had me check the hydraulic hose for the hole digger and when i pushed it in the hydraulic fluid didn't come spraying out, it only came oozing out. The hydraulic fluid is full and greenish/yellowish and is a little thick but now way thick. So in short Hydraulic fluid full, and bucket wont go up or down anymore. I'm thinking when it did go up in the garage it just had some built up pressure.. Anyone have any idea what this could be? I have no idea where the hydraulic filter is as a buddy of mine suggested that and another buddy suggested its something to do with the electrical system... I'm just a girl trying to make her daddy proud and not pay huge bucks to jimmy bob at the dealership.. Thanks in advance.
Was it a heated garage? What kind of temperatures are you working in?
Temp It is not a heated garage and I let it sit for 20 minutes before working on it and yesterday I think it was about 20 degrees and it still wouldn't even flinch. I have no pressure.
Does the drive system still work? Does your machine have an interlock system (BICS) on it that needs to be reset? Are you pulling the seat bar all the way down? There is also a sensor in the seat. The machine will lock out the hydraulics if it doesn't sense a person in the seat, or if the seat bar isn't locked down.
Also need to know if it has rectangle shaped headlights or triangle shaped.