How do I determine where my bobcat is leaking hydraulic oil. It's leaving a path on the ground. Seems to be coming from the front of the machine
could be coming from a few places, raise the cab and have a look. Might be oil puddled up in the belly area near travel hoses and such, must look around and clean up some things as needed to find the leak.
Dig in and start looking. Could just about be from anywhere the way oil tends to pool in the bottom frame of skid steers.
Might have to pull the belly pan. Not sure how much comes out of the operators compartment in the form of the seat and panels.
Don't know if its just me but it seems lately on forums that people ask an extremely vague question and expect an exact response in return.
I believe this to be another drive-by.
I have a problem with my machine. Can you tell me what it is?
My best answer to the last question is It depends.
So does the OP's question.
Well ok then--your in charge of investigating all drive by's, your second name will be-- Inspector Oh So Serious.
If it’s leaving a path on the ground just keep going . It will eventually stop leaking.
If it's leaking just a bit, and you don't use the machine much, just keep your eye on the fluid level and add more hydraulic fluid as needed. Lot's of old equipment have leaky hydraulic hoses and fittings. When your ready to do a major service cleaning and oil and filter changes etc (as per your owners manual based on hours and time), then I would raise the machine up a foot, and raise the cab. Open up all the access and clean out all the dirt with a shop vac, air compressor, scraper, and brush etc. Then get some rags and wipe everything clean. Brake cleaner and WD40 work well, but lot's of choices there. Inspect hoses for chafing. Do your other machine maintenance and then look for leaks. Tighten hose fittings. Remove bad hoses and take to a hose replacement business and have them make up a new one. I like to use plugs to stop dirt getting into the hydraulic system if I remove a hose. If you replace more than one hose, mark them and take images so you know where they go. You can also run a string line if needed to pull the new hose back along the passage. If it's a seal for a pump or something, well that is another story. Welcome to the forum.
^^^^ Good reply, I have a steering cylinder leaking and I am just ignoring it but checking fluid, until the spring. Just seems the OP joined to complain of a leak, with no other information and disappeared.