Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 853H Parking Brake

PowerHouse18 · 2024-10-04 10:51

Hey Looking for some help on my C series 853H Serial number 512816830. I just bought the machine recently and most of the problems I see are the parking brake sticking on. Mine is the opposite and would not set the parking brake so I started to do the diagnostic on it. Off of the parking brake pedal there are two wires black, which goes to ground and orange that after tracing the wire goes up behind the key switch panel in the top left corner, but is not hooked up to anything. Does anyone know where this orange wire is supposed to be connected to?

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632024-10-04 14:19

    You have a basic solenoid control for the park brake operation in your first pic. If the wire colors are standard, the red will be hot from ignition, the white will be the pull coil which should be tied to the park brake switch, and the black will be ground.

  2. #2PowerHouse182024-10-04 15:34

    Correct the white will be the pull The red will be the hold in the black will be in the ground, which come from the relay. I’m trying to figure out where the orange wire comes from the foot pedal and it supposed to connect to. It is disconnected on my machine up behind the key switch. It does not go to the back where the fuses or the relays are at.