Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 863

Cliff ยท 2011-11-22 08:41

Hello, I have recently aquired a Bobcat 863 Skidsteer. It only has 310 hrs on it and is in great shape. The problem I'm having is intermitent. There are two coolers in the back that are stacked on top of each other. I believe the bottom one is most likely the motor oil cooler and the one on top the hydraulic oil cooler. Once in a while, not always upon start up one of the hoses (right hand side) pops off and sprays oil everywhere. It has some kind of different connection system I'm not familiar with. I bought a rebuild kit for this connector but try as I may, I can't get the connector off now. I don't want to wait until it pops off by itself because it emptys the hydraulic system real quick. If your not looking back at the time this can happen in a hurry before you have time to shut the machine off, not to mention the mess and the cost of new hydraulic oil. I talked to Bobcat and they stated it takes a special tool to pop the connector off but Bobcat doesn't sell the tool. I find this ridiculous. I need to take it to them to fix a hose? That just doesn't seem right. One othe question. Is there another brand of oil I can buy instead of the extremely pricey Bobcat hydrostatic oil? Thanks for any help. Cliff Lindgren 831-212-3239

Replies8
  1. #1Part sman2011-11-22 17:16

    That style connection is retained internally with a spring clip, inside the cooler. The tool to remove it looks similiar to an OTC6594. If it is not staying in it may either be the spring clip or the fitting on the hoss. The tool more or less puts pressure on the clip to spead it and release the fitting

  2. #2FNick2011-11-22 17:26

    I have a similar issue. Is this something I can do myself or do I need to call in a professional?

  3. #3Cliff2011-11-23 09:57

    Do you know if the tool for the removal of the hose is available to buy? Thanks, Cliff

  4. #4crewchief8882012-02-01 21:46

    some hyd supply houses carry the tool. you may or may not be able to buy the seal/snap ring kit or the hose from anyone but bobcat. IIRC the tool isnt cheap, most parts dept. dont have them in stock. :drinkup

  5. #5wildhorse trnr2012-02-03 19:32

    Parker sells the needed tools. You can goto their corporate website and find the closest"full line" distributor. We have an old Parker box that has a conglomeration of hydraulic tools in it, but I never purchased any myself, just let the company provide the "special"tools.

  6. #6fesic2014-09-14 17:40

    I just bought a 2001 bobcat 863g with 2900 hours. Where do I find the drive belt? I tried starting it this morning and as soon as it fired up it was squealing and smoking like crazy. I shut it off right away. It smelled like I had smoked a belt but the only belt I can find is the one on the right hand side which is just the alternator belt, I think. What would have caused this and what can I do to fix it?

  7. #7crewchief8882014-09-14 18:14

    on the lh side of the engine, under the plastic cover :drinkup

  8. #8Yellowdog2014-09-17 12:58

    For those of you who buy used machines, it's a good idea to pick up a maintenance and service manual. There are so many little things to check/maintain that's it's a good investment. I know that when I bought a used Toolcat the service manual I ordered was an excellent tool for tracing electrical and hydraulic connections. A real time saver.