Bought from my small town hardware store 863 bobcat with duetz 1011 4 cylinder air cooled engine. They never serviced this machine in 2500 hrs. Got it running, started addressing issues like fuel shut off solenoid, full service, ect and once while running noticed a change in sound, and started smoking. Broke loose all injector lines one at a time and immediately figured #3 wasn't burning fuel so I compression tested engine and have 150 psi every where but # 3 which has zero pressure, so I'm guessing either rings gone or more likely, valve issue. This is where I'm at. I'd like to find a paper manual for repair. Anyone have free or cheap one? Next step is remove exhaust manifold and look with horoscope? Any help appreciated here. Not deep pockets so cheap diagnostic help appreciated and then machine work on head or engine out for a piston/rings. Tell me what youde do next. Thx.
Opinions will vary, but if you have properly diagnosed a no compression, (and it sounds like you have), there is not a lot to lose by just pulling the head. Then you can get get eyes on the valves, headgasket, pistons and bores.
Yes that's what I'm thinking too but wanted to gather info before jumping in with both feet. I doubt it's rings cause engine oil would've been thin as washing down cylinder walls with desiel going directly into oil. Oil wasn't thin so I don't think I'll find rings busted or scored cylinder walls. Any service manual ideas? E-Manuals are just harder to use going from page 2 to page 42 and back as needed. I hate that.
Can head be pulled with engine still in machine? I I'm sure it's easier with engine out
Quite easy to pull in machine. Most difficult part is turbo oil pressure line.
Pull the valve cover and check overheads before anything else. PM me with an email and I can send the manual, or can post up the specs when I have time tomorrow.
Where's best place to buy parts, duetz? I've been through a few fuel shut off solenoids cause aftermarket junk doesn't work for more than a day or two. Never done a desiel head so anything I should know, dos or don't? Any "while I'm in there" things? TB is the obvious one but anything else?
Memo parts is the deutz aftermarket experts. Will need to order thru a reseller