Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat CT230 Compact wont start

Richard O ยท 2013-07-19 20:31

I'm new to owning a compact tractor. While using it today I noticed the "low engine oil pressure light was on so I shut it off, added more oil. Now it won't start. Won't even turn over. Called my BC dealer but they're closed. Any suggestions? rick

Replies2
  1. #1willie592013-07-19 21:32

    Welcome to HEF Richard O. :drinkup No way any of us can make a good guess because there are too many possibilities and not near enough information. Does the starter even click? Any instrument panel lights on when key is turned on? Is the battery good? Is battery power getting to the starter? Clutch safety switch or seat safety switch?

  2. #2Richard O2013-07-20 10:42

    Sorry, you're right. While driving it I came to a stop. When I stood up it killed. Thought it was the safety seat device. Couldn't get it to restart. Added oil since the light was on for low oil pressure. Won't turn over at all. Checked all the saftey equip. Battery is good. Lights and gauges work.