Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat e45

wrc · 2021-05-03 22:47

Was wondering if anyone could maybe point me where to look. I have a bobcat e45 that is throwing 2 error codes m5422 and m0116. The 5422 has my offset boom not working and the m0116 apears to have no effect on the machine. But was courious if anyone could help me get to the bottom of these. The local dealer thought the 5422 might be due to the left joystic so I bought a new one roughly $600 dollars and it made no difference. They also suggested the jumper wire trick for the m0116. That did not work either. I replaced the "air filter not connected" switch after the jumper wire failed. That also made no impact. I was hoping before I go drop several hundred dollars at the dealer again someone here might have a magical fix.

Replies15
  1. #1uffex2021-05-08 04:51

    Good day arc This may help from the E50 machine. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2kamei2021-05-20 16:26

    Did you find the problem ? I have the same error with my e35 but it seems that the problem only exist if i start the machine, the offset boom i can use on the joystick but once i have lifted the left joystick to get out of the machine and put it back down it doesn"t work anymore. The first time it seems to work always. I got error code c6021 but it is also offset boom problem, maybe you can check it is the same when it happens

  3. #3tool_king2021-05-23 00:13

    Whats your serial number ?

  4. #4wrc2021-05-23 23:50

    ill look it up and get back with you.

  5. #5wrc2022-04-12 21:11

    Tool king sorry for the delay forgot you asked for the serial number. it is B2VY11036. I still have the m5422 code not allowing my boom or 2nd aux lines to function. I can not for the life of me get it resolved. I still also get the m0116 and once in a blue moon get m0117. If you have any ideas I'd be glad to try them out. Im starting to think my gateway controller is toasted but the m5422 started a year before the other two codes.

  6. #6tool_king2022-04-12 23:36

    All good . I will pull up the books on it .What is your email address ?

  7. #7Tree-guy2023-07-19 15:08

    Any one have info on this m5422 code. I’m having the same problem.

  8. #8uffex2023-07-19 16:00

    Good day Tree guy According to my information, "offset control switch out of range" Kind regards Uffex

  9. #9Upl12025-04-12 21:35

    The left arm/joystick lifts up so you can get in and out of your seat, lift it up, and look under there. You may have pinched the wiring harness. Flawed design

  10. #10wrc2025-04-12 21:51

    It was actually a pinched wire under the seat behind my feet

  11. #11John V2025-04-13 22:47

    A years long issue resolved at last!

  12. #12laidback012025-04-13 23:34

    it's the ground. it's always the ground! That is probably the cause of 98%-99% of all common electrical issues - is some kind of resistance to ground or just loss of common ground in circuitry. Glad you found it! I had an 84 Volvo 242 with a "spade-array" for all the ground wires to tie into. It was in the engine bay on the inside of the driver side fender... Not only would it get corroded with various environmental debris and engine gasses/oils.... the dang fender itself eventually lost good ground to the vehicle. What a nightmare that thing was to get running right. Eventually just ran 6 or 8 gauge wire from the ground terminal to the block, to the frame, to the firewall, to the fenders.... etc. There were these heavy copper cables just routed (somewhat nicely) all over because the body was just too far gone to conduct anymore. Car ran like a top after the 'wiring job'

  13. #13wrc2025-04-14 07:01

    I'm glad I found it too. I was only able to find it thanks to a telephone mechanic in Texas. I spent about 45-60 minutes on the phone with him trouble shooting and fixed it myself for about $0.50 worth of wire. Only after paying our local dealership where I bought it from close to $15,000.00 to be told it was not repairable.

  14. #14laidback012025-04-15 14:34

    ***. I know there's shop expenses and such, but wow. That's an expensive lesson.

  15. #15wrc2025-04-21 13:21

    Worst part is Steve from Texas told me how to fix it on the phone for about $1.10. two butt connectors and about 3' of automotive wire