Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 60G Case Drain

Andrew H. · 2021-05-03 15:17

Need to add a Case Drain on a John Deere 60G in order to run a Dougherty Tree Saw. Deere Dealer doesn't seem to be able to find anything. Anyone have any guidance on a part number/kit number available from Deere?

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2021-05-04 01:57

    Do you have the aux lines kit on the machine, with a selective control valve for hammer/thumb switching? Will the tree saw case drain withstand the back pressure of a return filter or does it need to go direct to tank, ask the tree saw people.

  2. #2mg23612021-05-04 05:14

    Welcome to HEF Andrew ! There is no "Case Drain Kit" available for a 60G from Deere. You would be on your own with that. Your best bet would be to contact one of the two outfits I attached links for below to see if they offer anything. https://www.hctkits.com/excavator-kits/ http://www.hkx.com/

  3. #3Andrew H.2021-05-04 12:12

    Tree Saw people don't have any answers, Tee'ing into the return line that feeds the filter might be an option. I'll check that out, thanks

  4. #4Andrew H.2021-05-04 12:13

    Thanks! I'll check them out

  5. #5lantraxco2021-05-04 15:27

    And again, IF it has the aux lines kit with the selector valve for cylinder/hammer, the drain line for the hammer comes off that valve, you can disconnect it there and run a drain line to the end of the boom easily. This return does flow through the return filter so there will be some amount of back pressure.

  6. #6Andrew H.2021-06-18 17:42

    Thanks for the help fellows, ended up running a line to the filter housing cap and so far so good.

  7. #7Endless disaster2021-07-29 19:07

    Andrew H. You wouldn’t be able to give any details and have any pictures available would you? I would like to be able to add a mulching head to my 60D Thanks

  8. #8JD955SC2021-08-23 20:23

    I had to install a case drain line (1/2” ID) for a mower on a 15 ton excavator. The only “kit” I could find was for generic hoses you zip tie on the machine and customer wanted a better looking install so I custom fitted hoses for the boom and stick and installed them using grommets and metal clamps, ran it to its own filter and ran the filter out to the main return hard line to tank. It looked pretty good when I finished.