Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat Fuel Pick Up Tube Question

mdurbahn ยท 2013-11-04 21:07

I was having problems keeping price on my bobcat 763G. Through use of the search function here I figured out it was probably the fuel pick up line, when I pulled out the elbow there was no tube attached, it was broke off right at the end of the elbow...so is there any way to get the old tube out so it doesn't cause blockage problems with the new one?

Replies2
  1. #102Dmax2013-11-04 21:22

    There's a pickup tool with 4 little spring loaded claws you could buy and try fishing it out of there. Its highly unlikely it would ever cause a problem but it could possibly break off the new tube if it hit it enough times. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #2willie592013-11-04 21:23

    No real good way to remove that tube in the bottom of the tank, and it's certainly not worth pulling the engine and pumps to pull the tank out just to recover that tube. And you can bet one thing, there's a pile of Bobcat's out there that have that tube in the tank, it's almost a guarantee with those machines. Myself, I've never seen it be a problem if you replace it with the proper tube and strainer at the end of the tube.