Does a Bobcat 763 use JIC fittings. I've got a couple of small leaks to chase down and I have access to a truck load of hyd hoses and fittings. My 2 biggest problems are that Ive never worked on a Bobcat brand machine and it's located 300 mi from where I live.
all the major hoses on that should be there are a few that are o ring boss and occasionally a pipe thread fitting or two but the majority are jic fittings if they are small leaks they are known for the pintle shaft seals leaking over time the seals get hard also the control valve is another place to see leaks pretty often don't really see to many seaping hoses usually they are just blown if they are leaking
Thankyou for the reply, I know that a couple of hoses have chaffed and one of them is spotless at the fitting and everthing around it is covered in muck. Thanks for the advice on the pintle shaft and control valve I'll check there also.
noticing lately they seem to use a lot of those "hybrid" JIC fittings with the o-ring groove machined into the 37 degree cone....they are neat because the regular JIC flare mates up with it but it has the benefit of an o-ring on the mating face... or is this something newer than a 763 would have?