Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat m-600 snow bucket advice

mark18mwm ยท 2012-09-05 21:17

Anyone have any advice on how wide of a bucket I might be able to use on a old m-600 for snow ? I have 2 old buckets , and want to cut 21" off each side of one then weld them to the ends of a 54" bucket. There by making a 96" bucket. I'm not afraid of the cutting and welding, I enjoy the heck out of these kind of projects. Both buckets need rebuilding or scraping out so I'm not ruining good buckets. My main concerns are do you think a old m-600 will be able to push (with tire chains) and handle a bucket this size? I'm hoping for lighter snows this will speed up snow clean up. I will still use my other 54" bucket or my plow truck for heavier snow. Any advice or experiences appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1crewchief8882012-09-06 18:01

    i'd think a 96" bucket on a 600 would really be pushing the limits. you probably wont be able to lift the bucket full of snow...... just my $0.02 :drinkup

  2. #2mark18mwm2012-09-06 20:52

    Thanks for your $0.02, I kinda thought that myself but was hoping some one would talk me into doing it. lol. Still may make it to try it out or sell it. Off topic I see your screen name (crewchief888), by chance where you a crew chief in the Air Force ? Reason I ask is I was, on C-130's in Little Rock and Rhine-Main in Germany.

  3. #3crewchief8882012-09-07 18:02

    i was the crewchief for a CORR off road team. :drinkup