Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat MT85 mini track loader

Dodgewade ยท 2022-06-26 10:30

Working on a Bobcat MT85. The Hydraulic lift and tilt doesn't work. It moves fine, but no lift or tilt. I was told this started out as an immeittent problem. Yesterday was the first day I've done anything to it. I had to jump it off to get it in the shop and once I got it in. It would not shut off. When the key is turned off it a miss fire and goes back running as it was in the on position. I spent the next thirty minutes trying to shut it off. Finally figured out I could pull back the lever/pin on the solenoid for the fuel and shut it down. It appeared when I operated the ignition key the solenoid would actuate a small amount any in pull back and release. Regardless, I think "hopefully" this is something easy. The hydraulic opportunity is the main issue. The joy stick moves freely which it only actuates electrical switchs. I can't believe it is something surrounding this part as at least one movement should work. Since I haven't dug deep yet, I thinking it may be an opportunity with the peddle that you step on. But the tracks moves and steering is OK. Does the peddle actually operate two hydraulic valves, one for travel and one for lift operation? Any advice/help in any way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Wade

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-06-27 01:12

    Could aux. hyd's be engaged? Does it labor when starting? If not sounds like a pump or solenoid valves issue.

  2. #2Dodgewade2022-06-27 09:08

    Auxiliary hydraulics doesn't seem to be engaged. Moving the lever for it doesn't change it any. Fires right up. I'm thinking solenoid for pump (if there is such a thing) Any position the joystick is in doesn't result will any movement of the lift or tilt. Is there a fuse or relay that could be the culprit?

  3. #3Dodgewade2022-07-19 17:03

    Update; One of the pumps mounting bolts had backed out and the other was loose. I'm assuming this let the pump move some. This damaged the coupling that the engine uses to drive the pump. Had to replace the pump and the coupling/driver. Will put it back together in a day or two.