I received a bob 873 from a family member this machine has set in the weeds for 10 years back axle shaft is broken so I got the tires aired up and front end loader set on my trailer now I must get it off the trailer into my shop . I understand it has a parking brake that I must find and disable but was told I could unscrew a bolt on drive motor so they will free wheel . Don’t have a clue where this bolt is or even if the information is even true . I would appreciate if someone could give me some good advice on how to move this thing.
Yes, it has a parking brake (locking pin) that you can remove the guts of it, but it still won't roll. There is not bolt to remove on the drive motors, the person who told you that is likely referring to a "free wheeling valve" on a drive pump, but the Bobcat machines didn't have a free wheeling valve. The only way you could make it roll, after disabling the parking brake, would be to pull the drive motors (one on each side) from the chain case, which will likely involve removing the hoses from the drive motors as they won't give much.
to remove the drive motor, you have to access inside of chain case lossen off 6 retaining bolts slide moter adaptor forward work chain off the front and them move to rear ( MARK position of adaptor before moving to re ajust chain ) lift rear chain off rear sprocket chain are end less NO master link.
Yes, it's no 5 minute job. If the shop has a concrete floor, I'd be setting a 3/4 or 1" anchor in the floor, attach a chain to it, slick the trailer deck with oil, hook the chain to the Bobcat and drive the trailer out from under it.
Ok I sure appreciate the advice Thank you guys so much.
Lots of good thick liquid detergent would clean up afterwards a lot easier than oil I would think. d.d.
Be better off taking chain case covers off and taking a link out of chain. Make sure chain is laying in case and then it will move. Then put good master links back in. Last 873 I was in, think it had Diamond chains.
Yes that would be a lot easier to do . I have about decided to get it running on the trailer and roll it off with three wheels . I am looking for an left rear drive axle with single bolt I need hub and wheel also