Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat power tilt

TomG ยท 2010-08-10 22:07

We are looking to purchase a power tilt for our bobcat mini excavator and i got a quote from our local dealer for almost $5000 and that didn't even include the grading bucket. This seams like a very, very high price to me. Am i correct in thinking that? Does anyone have any experience or suggestions on other power tilt manufactures that i should look in to? Thanks!

Replies9
  1. #1m6302010-08-11 05:24

    could you not fab up your own ive seen some very simple ones out there?

  2. #2bigbob2010-08-11 05:58

    I was at Milton Cat yesterday and got a rough quote of $4500 for a H & H tilt bucket. Salesman also gave me the same quote for a Craig 48" for a 305C CR. This included the bucket.

  3. #3245dlc2010-08-11 11:50

    Well I don't know about price but don't get the hydra-tilt it doesn't really tilt the bucket enough I used one last year for digging a pool and it was as bad as digging without one. Here's the one I'm talking about: http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/hydra-tilt This power tilt attachment I'm sending the link for is a lot better. http://www.bobcat.com/attachments/power_tilt You might even be able to skip the "middle man" a little bit if you e-mail the power tilt company themselves they don't sell the bucket to go with it, it's suppose to be a tilt that you can use with different buckets, you'll just have to get the Bobcat lugs to go with it. http://www.helac.com/construction/powertilt.asp

  4. #4TomG2010-08-12 22:07

    Thanks guys, so it sounds like $5000 is reasonable. We are looking to get the "Power tilt" because like you said the hydra-tilt just isn't that great. Also i did email helac and they said Bobcat Company buys direct from Helac and installs their proprietary coupler so i would need to call Bobcat for a price. Oh well it was worth a try.

  5. #5245dlc2010-08-12 22:10

    Well I hope it works out for you, I hated that hydra tilt I've used tilting ditching buckets for years and they can make life so much easier when doing ditching, cutting slopes and digging basements.

  6. #6pondo2014-04-02 17:28

    Hey TomG Did u get a tilt bucket / system? If so how do u like it? Do anything different if u did it again?

  7. #7TomG2014-04-04 08:22

    Yes we did and we love it. Its on the machine I'd say at least 60% of the time the machine gets used. I dont think we would do anything different. I have a bunch of videos of me using it on my youtube channel if you want to check them out. Link to my channel is below.

  8. #8Anthonycecil2014-04-04 22:04

    Hi Tom You had any problems with your a/c ? Tony

  9. #9TomG2014-04-05 16:24

    No, still works good on our machine. We have about 1200hrs on it now.