I just bought a new KX91 this last week with the Angle blade attachement with the assumption that it was supposed to have the bolt on blade (which is what all thier product literature online says - see link: http://www.kubota.com/product/KubotaTechnology/KubotaTechAB.aspx For me, the bolt-on blade was a key factor in my decision to opt for the more expensive angle blade. Unfortunately, when I got my new excavator, it had the standard weld on blade. When I called the company to find out why it was not installed, I got the run-around for several hours, eventually someone in the district sales office told me that it wasn't available on the angle blades. I showed the sales mgr thier own website with all the misc documentation on it and they just shrugged it off and said the website and all it's material is wrong. Kubota "We just don't make that type of feature unless you buy the 6-n-1 blade"... I've heard SO many good things about Kubota that this really just took me by surprise. I don't know about other states but in California this is fraud, whether it was by accident or not, they should have at least offered to do something about it. The only offer they gave me was some advice that "Well, since you got the welded on cutting edge, it uses a higher grade steel that will actually last longer than a bolt on edge, so you are getting a better deal". Does anyone know if this Bolt-on edge is available in another country? I can't imagine that all the documentation and pictures of the bolt on blades are wrong. The Angle blade option is fairly new, so I'm having a hard time believing that this was some OLD feature that was removed??? Anyone know or have a suggestion? -Sert
Do some Reaserch to find out how much this angle blade is worth and then suit them plus restitution All kx machines come with a regular blade and an angle blade will be a whole lot more money
Looking at the pdf /product/KubotaTechnology/pdf/ab.pdf it specifically says bolt on, with the disclaimer that it is standard on angle blades. So I can see your point but read the legal http://www.kubota.com/f/AboutKubota/legal.cfm before spending up big on lawyers. You should have confirmed the bolt on blades with the dealer prior to purchase. You would have legal grounds if a representative of Kubota said to you that the KX91 with angle blade has bolt on cutting edges. They may well have had trouble with the original design, which may have been a bolt on and decided to go to weld on. You can try and write a letter to the head of customer service of Kubota US and state your case, I wouldn't go jumping up and down and threatening lawyers and such but basically say to them that you spend extra because you wanted extra features and feel that you where underdone and let down by their official website. Perhaps they'll coma across with some free filters or such. Hey, I spend up big a while back on a pile of service items and got a free hat, they wouldn't throw in the scale model of my machine though One thing you should try and do is get a brochure from the dealer and see if it states that the angle blade for the KX91 has bolt on blades, this would make your argument a bit stronger.
I only saw mention of the bolt on edges on the 6 way blade section not the tilt blade section - did anyone else see this or am I being stupid??!!
In the pdf http://www.kubota.com/product/KubotaTechnology/pdf/ab.pdf it specifically states that bolt on sections are standard on the angle blade.
OK cheers - I didn't look at the PDF's, only the animations part.
cont Their flash tutorial on Kubota Angle Blade tech also talks about the bolt on blade. Since i first posted, I've actually talked to the area product mgr and the regional product mgr from the LA area. Both basically said that they don't have an angle blade that has a bolt on edge for any products. Thier only products with bolt on edges are the 6-n-1, which is actually a completely different product from the angle blade (it's like a super angle blade). Of course, the 3.5ton KX91 doesn't have the option of having a 6-n-1, so there is basically no option... They also gave me the excuse that it's just a Japaneese to English translation thing and that the website is just wrong....now I MAY believe this if i wasn't a computer engineer...and I know better that flash animations don't just 'auto-magically' have all the right info on a angle blade with one exception... there's no translation error here. The corperate office just screwed up and announced a feature before it was really available. I'm not really looking to screw over Kubota, I just wanted a straight answer and some acknowledgement that thier site/documentation was clearly wrong and they were going to fix it. So far, they haven't offered to do anything about it...not for my missunderstanding nor for thier misrepresentation of the features available. Oh well, not worth a legal representation imo, but still sad to see Kubota lowering their standards. -Sert
Don't worry - it's not just you. Kubota never admits a mistake or even a shortcoming in their products. In general I really like their products, but their corporate attitude really stinks.
Well if you do decide to drill holes for a bolt on blade and depending on how the blade itself is made drill a hole right in the center so when you go to reverse the blade (provided the cutting edge is like on a ditching bucket) you just undo or in some cases cut off the other bolts and spin it around. I know a guy who did this with his ditching bucket, he said it made things a hell of a lot easier if he was changing blades by himself.