Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s150 is acting weird and dead – please help

clydesdale6 ยท 2019-01-18 11:06

The machine is a 2010 bobcat s150. I started it up, battery was weak. I drove it 100ft and it came to an abrupt stop. The headlights then turned on. The cab computers are not lighting up. I can hit the run button and then hit start and the motor will crank and run for 2 seconds.. I can hit the head light button on the overhead panel on the left and I can see the computer reacting, but it will not light up. It sounds like it is an electrical problem. I checked the fuses for the computer and they seem fine. I am wondering if there is a short or bad ground. Any idea where the ground wires are? Any other advice ? Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #162oliver2019-01-18 15:17

    Before you do anything else put what you know to be good battery in it. Low voltage wreaks havoc with computers and such.

  2. #2clydesdale62019-01-18 18:11

    I forgot to mention that I put a brand new battery as step one. The battery was low and I was hoping that was it. But no dice.

  3. #3clydesdale62019-01-19 23:23

    It was a 5amp fuse for "switched" power that was likely blown due to bare wires on a door switch. I bought a $7 PDF 802 page service manual from WImanuals. Well worth the $7.