Can someone help me with a few questions? I recently purchased a Case 90xt. It's supposed to be a 2001 model, but not positive. Local Case dealer didn't have my serial number in their database. My questions are about the Hydraulics for attachments. I have a root grapple and have been operating it fine with the foot pedal. I'm thinking about getting a brush cutter. Will I use the foot pedal or the switch on the left hand joystick? What does the joystick switch do? Can anyone tell me what the GPM flow is on this machine? I need to know this before purchasing a brush cutter. Thanks for any responses..
Does the machine have high flow? They could have just regular aux. hyd which made about 23 gpm or so. If it had the regular high flow you will be around 40 gpm. There were machines that had an extreme highflow package that ran lower gpm but ran at 5K psi less likely you have one of those, but they were available. Assuming regular aux flow, you would run it off the foot actuator.
I'm not sure if it has high flow or not? I was hoping the Case dealership would be able to use my serial number and tell me. I have read about standard flow being about 20 GPM. I also read about there being two different high flow systems, one is 3000psi and the other 5000psi. From what I have read, the 5000psi system has a manual lever on the left side near the joystick to regulate the flow. MINE does not have this lever but it does have a switch on the left joystick. Are there two different high flow systems, one with the manual lever and one without it? It also has a third auxiliary hose/line which I believe is for case drain. The two things I want to know is how to use the left joystick switch and what the GPM is. Thanks,
The switch on the left side could be for electrical connections. There were different control handle option. Sound like you have a low flow machine with a case drain. It would help to take a picture of the front of the machine so we can see the connections on the front and a picture of the control handles. If you don't have that lever on the left you don't have the 5K system, that is for certain.
If you lift your cab and look at the flywheel end of the engine at the top, you will see a place where a pump could mount, a plugged hole a couple inches across, and I think 2 bolt holes. If there is no pump mounted there you have a low flow like I do. High flow has an extra pump mounted in that spot. Not sure what is different between 3000psi and 5000psi without looking at the manual. BTW, a guy posted a link on here a little awhile ago to download free manuals for that machine, not sure where it is tho...??
HeavyEquipmentForums Here is that thread, go to post #6, link to manuals is there, good luck!!!! They are great machines, I hope it works out for you!!
Thanks, fellas. I'll post some photos and look forward to a response..
Here's those photos, Thanks
I know the missing button is the brake and have a new one already ordered. The other round button operates 2nd speed and I got it working also. Can someone tell me what exactly the other switch does and how it operates? If it operates the auxiliary hydraulics for an attachment, how does it differ from the foot pedal I've been using for the grapple? Thanks
Top rocker bottom I am about 95% certain is for actuating electrical connections like snow blower spouts and so forth. It looks like you have a low flow machine if you don't have any connections on the other loader arm. The machine if it has ride control should have a button as well. Although it is a plunger type not the rocker type you have a picture of.