Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat S185

tool_king ยท 2011-01-10 13:54

I have a Bobcat S185 with serial number A3L936910 .Does anyone what the plug right below the air filter housing .With wires orange,black,purple,purple,red with white stripe and purple with white stripe.Plug is half round with flat spot.

Replies6
  1. #1BDFT2011-01-10 19:39

    Without a picture its kind of hard to say but I think that's the plug to access the computer.

  2. #2Hardline2011-01-10 21:07

    Sounds like you are describing the 9 pin connector for diagnostic connection. JJ

  3. #3dave esterns2011-01-10 22:16

    also might be where the remote control system plugs in.

  4. #4Hardline2011-01-10 22:23

    Is it this by chance?

  5. #5tool_king2011-01-10 22:35

    Hardline that looks like it with the blue ring.If that is the diagnostic connector what do I need the run the diagnostics on the machine ? Do they use a laptop or a hand held tool? I would like to get set up for this.

  6. #6bustedknuckle2011-01-11 11:09

    It takes the remote start tool and software downloaded on a computer, these are dealer only items.