Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

bobcat s205 accuator problem

bck ยท 2014-03-16 11:59

I have a 2005 bobcat s205. The acs light has come on periodically for the last 200 hrs. This machine has only 400 hrs. When this happens the tilt / lift won't activate. I did pull a code of 32-50 which was "tilt actuator short to ground". Does anyone know if I have to replace both actuators to the price of $1000.00 ea or is there anything else I can do or check? What's strange is the fact is works about 50% of the time, but has gotten worse. Is there anyway to disable the acs or unplug the actuators? My old machine is so nice- I drop the lap bar and go to work! Any help??

Replies4
  1. #1crewchief8882014-03-16 17:38

    disable the ACS? the ACS is disabled everytime it throws the code unplug the actuators? guess you want more fault codes to pop up. :beatsme i'd guess you have a tilt actuator going out. it will get to the point that it wont work at all... :drinkup

  2. #2DieselFuel2014-03-16 20:11

    to verify that it is the Tilt actuator that is faulty swap the connections for the actuator. If when you swap the connections you get the same code then you can be sure it is the tilt, no need to replaced both. If on the other hand you get a different code, (lift actuator short to ground) then you know its not the actuator itself and you can start narrowing down...perhaps check wiring? ACS Controller?

  3. #3bck2014-03-16 22:29

    Thanks for the reply! What's strange though is when it happens both the tilt or lift won't work. But the code reads "tilt acuator short to ground"??

  4. #4crewchief8882014-03-18 18:26

    anytime you have an ACS code it stops both the lift and tilt functions. :drinkup